Crowing Ram

Sunday, January 19, 2003
 
Good Lord, have mercy.
Have you ever had one of those days that lasted for three? It's been like that around here. My old job is drying up, and while I'm not terribly sad to see it go, it does feel like trading the devil you know for the one you don't. And if that's not stressful enough, my supervisor thrice removed is being belligerent. More drama.
So you'd think a nice quiet weekend at home is just what I needed, right? You've never been in my house, have you?
As I stumble into the kitchen this morning and fumble around to make coffee, Rob decides he's going to felt. Now, for those of you who haven't felted, you should be aware that when you felt, depending on the staple of the fiber, you can get a significant amount of flotsam in the water that then has to go somewhere. When I heard Rob doing his best to recall all of George Carlin's words that can't be said on television, I knew that the somewhere that the flotsam accumulated today was apparently the pump that clears the washing machine's tub during the spin cycle.
Yes, it's happened before, and yes we know what to do. That does not, however mean that it's an easy task or that it doesn't make a huge mess in the laundry room floor. What we were not expecting was the wharf rat sized chunk of congealed felted wool that Rob fished out of the pump this time. I think we could have felted Connor and not have come up with much more of a clog.
Dang! She must have heard me. What a puss on that girl! Look at those eyes. You'd think she was beaten twice a day and starved... until you see the rest of her. Then you realize that, while she may yet be the most svelt individual in the house, she isn't missing many meals.
That said, look at the results of the felting. Look familiar? They should. They're fuzzy feet, and my baby made them just for me in Cascade 220 Aporto (a green-speckled blue-- color #4009-- that happens to be one of my absolute favorites of the 220 colors).
My knitting, you ask? Well, I've started on the Asymetrical Vest, and I've managed to knit about twenty rows, but that's about it for the last few days. As I've mentioned, it's been a little hectic.
All in all, though, life is good. I do have contract on some work in San Diego that's keeping me hopping, and I just garnered a new local client for web work. But most importantly, I'm gathering my will to push full-force into the art and business of fiber. Is it going to happen overnight? Well, that remains to be seen. The mass that the washer passed? Oh, you can see that now.
Be well (or at least better than our appliances), and we'll talk soon.
Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

STEAL
THESE BUTTONS...

Crowing Ram

ThreadBear Fiber Arts Studio
...AND
FOLLOW THESE

Black Dog


And She Knits Too

ChicKnits

ColorJoy!

The Crochet Dude

Everybody Loves Saturday Night

Feeling a Bit Sheepish

handknitter

Keyboard Biologist

Knitknacks

knittingfrau

Maggistitches

Manolo for the Men

ModeKnit

THE PANOPTICON

Purls Before Swine

red dog knits

See Eunny Knit

I'll see you at
Knitter's Review



Matt's Current Wallpaper
Widescreen Graphic.


Knitting Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

QueerKnit
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

Men Who Knit
«« Prev | List | Random | Next »»

Fiber Arts Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

Knit Biz Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

<$MTYahooStats$>