Crowing Ram

Friday, May 18, 2007
 
Busy as a Beaver... or a Woodchuck
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Hell if I know, but the woodchuck or groundhog or whatever it is that's living in my back yard loves to swim across the river in the middle of the night. Most peculiar.
And how is it that I see such a sight? Oh, elementary. My desk is right beside a window looking out over the river, and I've all but chained myself to my desk this spring. You'd think that might mean I'd post more frequently. Uh, no. Obviously, that hasn't been the case.
Screenshot from the new Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton & Dyed Cotton page
I've been buried in paperwork, website updates, and reorganization of everything from the sales floor at the shop to the quasi-hidden un-unpacked boxes left in our bedrooms and office upstairs at the house from the last household move back in August of 2004. I'd say we're settling in, but that's only about half the story. ThreadBear is as busy as ever, I've started working in earnest on patterns for my book, and we've got a few other irons in the fire, as well. Basically, I've turned into a juggler, and I'm simply not that organized.
For the moment, here's what I've got most immediately working:

Golden Lotus Kimono from Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book 2
So far, I've just gotten the facing cast on and... mostly knit. I cast on Tuesday night, Wednesday night was "newsletter night," and I taught the first session of Traditional Fair Isle Techniques last night, so I've not had much of a chance to work on the 27 rows of 270 stitches of blank stockinette before the Fair Isle work starts, but I am on row 22, so I'm hoping to get the color work started tonight. With any luck, no great drama will pop up between now and then.
Until then, I've got some discount signage to produce (we're running a special on Adrienne Vittadini yarns while we have a trunk show in the shop) and a meeting with our lovely Colinette sales rep.
Oh, and I've got to remember to call my dad! We're also out of half & half for my coffee. Ah, and the dog's woofing to go out. *SMILE*
Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

STEAL
THESE BUTTONS...

Crowing Ram

ThreadBear Fiber Arts Studio
...AND
FOLLOW THESE

Black Dog


And She Knits Too

ChicKnits

ColorJoy!

The Crochet Dude

Everybody Loves Saturday Night

Feeling a Bit Sheepish

handknitter

Keyboard Biologist

Knitknacks

knittingfrau

Maggistitches

Manolo for the Men

ModeKnit

THE PANOPTICON

Purls Before Swine

red dog knits

See Eunny Knit

I'll see you at
Knitter's Review



Matt's Current Wallpaper
Widescreen Graphic.


Knitting Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

QueerKnit
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

Men Who Knit
«« Prev | List | Random | Next »»

Fiber Arts Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

Knit Biz Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

<$MTYahooStats$>