Crowing Ram

Wednesday, July 25, 2007
 
Hogs

Harley Davidson FXCWC Rocker C
As much as I'd like to say, yes... no, I've not gotten a new motorcycle. It is lovely, though, isn't it? Brooding, yet full of the potential for noise and movement. It's easy to see why these spectacular machines are so popular.
Realistically, though, I run a yarn shop, and the overwhelming majority of our income goes right back into the business. *evil grin* But not all.

Raleigh Passage 4.0 Hybrid... in Green
I spent the morning with this bad boy under me riding Lansing's Riverwalk. Um... if you haven't been on a nice bike lately, you really should consider it. I had the most wonderful ride. The wind was in my face, the morning air was cool but sunny, and the views (despite the low level of the Grand River at the moment) were spectacular. And that was nothing to how good it felt... to be out... knowing that you're doing something pleasurable that is also very, very good for you. I'd forgotten what that endorphin buzz could do for you. I like it.
As of today, I am thirty-eight years old, and I am morbidly obese. That's the medical term for it. I'm so overweight that it could literally kill me. No, I'm not going on a crash diet. No, I'm not having liposuction or joining a cult. What I am doing is getting things under control. ThreadBear is a big boy, anymore, and while it still needs constant supervision, it doesn't need every moment of our time and energy. And we... I, in particular, need to spend some real time getting life back in order.
Exercise, certainly, is one of the things that I'm doing. I'm also putting a significant focus back into my teaching. I won't be teaching every other day, but I think I can reasonably dedicate a little more time to being "in the classroom." I'm also hoping to spend a little more time in the kitchen, so keep an eye out for good recipes or places to find them. And, of course, I'll be reading.
Most of all, though, I'm pointing my rocket toward design. I've had several designs in my head or in the drawing or swatching stage for too long. That's about to end. And it will end, very specifically, with this:

Schematic for Bad Ass Baby
This is the rough schematic for a plush baby biker's jacket... for the biker-to-be with a very understanding old lady. ;-) The pattern is forthcoming, but the yarn arrived today, and I'll be casting on tonight for the prototype.
Now, does anyone know where to get very tiny chains?
Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

STEAL
THESE BUTTONS...

Crowing Ram

ThreadBear Fiber Arts Studio
...AND
FOLLOW THESE

Black Dog


And She Knits Too

ChicKnits

ColorJoy!

The Crochet Dude

Everybody Loves Saturday Night

Feeling a Bit Sheepish

handknitter

Keyboard Biologist

Knitknacks

knittingfrau

Maggistitches

Manolo for the Men

ModeKnit

THE PANOPTICON

Purls Before Swine

red dog knits

See Eunny Knit

I'll see you at
Knitter's Review



Matt's Current Wallpaper
Widescreen Graphic.


Knitting Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

QueerKnit
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

Men Who Knit
«« Prev | List | Random | Next »»

Fiber Arts Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

Knit Biz Bloggers
«« Previous | List | Random | Next »»

<$MTYahooStats$>